ABOUT SENIOR FUND
WHAT IS SENIOR FUND?
The Senior Fund is the Senior Class gift to the Columbia College Fund, the alumni-driven fund that provides support directly to students. By participating in the Senior Fund, you join thousands of alumni and past seniors in supporting the next generation of students at Columbia College. Seniors have the opportunity to make a gift to the area of their choice, in order to begin their legacy of giving here at the College.
WHERE DOES THE MONEY FROM SENIOR FUND GO?
Tuition only covers 60% of the cost of a Columbia education. Therefore programs throughout the College rely on gifts from students, alumni, parents and friends to stay in place. All Senior Fund gifts go to supporting the critical areas of need for the College: Financial Aid, Student Services, Core Curriculum, Internships and Stipends, and Unrestricted Funds.
1. Financial Aid: Chances are, someone you know receives financial aid, and without that financial support they likely would not be able to attend Columbia. Giving to Financial Aid helps provide the student body with support to attend this great school.
2. Student Services: Help support mental health initiatives, career services, orientation programs, and more.
3. The Core Curriculum: The Core Curriculum is a major component of every Columbia education. Gifts help maintain small class sizes and provide faculty members with research stipends to enhance your education.
4. Internships and Stipends: Many students would love to benefit from the opportunity of an unpaid summer internship to progress their education, but can't for financial reasons. The Student Internship Fund provides stipends to students who need it so they can pursue those educational opportunities without the burden.
5. Unrestricted: This money can go anywhere Columbia College needs it! Funds are allocated to different areas including financial aid, student life, academic programs, leadership development, and more.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT DONOR LEVELS?
Please check out our page on donor levels.
HOW CAN I DONATE?!
You can donate in-person or online (it's mobile-friendly!)!